Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Waiter/Watcher


The Waiter/Watcher
Community Suit

I AM THE ONE WHO...
I am the one who waits and watches - day after day...
I am the one who longs for dinners together...
I am the one who settles for moments instead of hours...
I am the one who hears the tic-tic-toc and tries to shut out the sound of time fleeting by ...
I am the one who says nothing when dinners are missed and hours are lost....
I am the one who has tried everything and can do no more.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME?
I give you the knowledge that if the relationship fails, you can look in the mirror and say that you have honestly done all that you can do - that you've tried your best.
I give you permission to remove the tape that prevents you from speaking up for yourself.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?
I want you to stop putting your needs on hold.
I want you to give yourself permission to do what makes you happy and fills your creative spirit with joy.
I want you to remember all of the hard work that you did in therapy to meet his demands for change in order to save your marriage... and then,
I want you to know in your heart that it takes two people working and changing - not just one.
I want you to live your life and love it!

3 Comments:

Blogger GreenishLady said...

Hi, Lee. I didn't know you'd begun a SoulCollage blog. I like being able to see the cards along with commentary. Works very well. Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back here regularly.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

I want you to be free! Love from your pal in the UK

5:20 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

this is so heart-wrenching and powerful at the same time.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home